JOSSO is an Open Source Internet SSO solution for rapid and standards-based (SAML2) Internet-scale Single Sign-On implementations, allowing secure Internet access to the Web-based applications or services of customers, suppliers, and business partners. A video of features can be seen here.
Key features of a JOSSO implementation include:
- SSO Functionality – The user, whether client, employee or business partner must have easy and transparent access to the applications for which they have permission after logging in.
- Access Reliability & Robustness - The SSO must be both reliable and robust as may be the only gateway into applications for employees and clients.
- New Applications & Scalability – As new applications become available and users added to the environment, it should be easy to add these new applications to the SSO platform.
Single Sign On brings a number of important business benefits including:
- Improved client/employee/partner access to key applications.
- Improved user productivity.
- Improved password and information security.
- Reduced Operational and Help Desk effort and related costs.
- Achievement of compliance goals.
The main business reasons for selecting and implementing JOSSO Enterprise Edition (EE) are:
- Functionality – JOSSO (EE) provides the functionality required for major enterprises.
- Reliability & Robustness – JOSSO (EE) is a rock solid, hardened and tested enterprise strength Single Sign On solution providing the required robustness and security of access.
- Clustering – JOSSO (EE) can be clustered for resilience, removing a single point of failure.
- Adding New Applications (Scalability) – JOSSO (EE) is highly scalable. Adding future new applications to the SSO environment will be quicker and easier.
- Compliance/Security – JOSSO (EE) can be configured to meet the most complex security and compliance requirements.
- Standards based - Including SAML 1.1 & 2, OpenID, OAuth 2 and WS-Trust.
- Implementation & Support Costs - Are low in comparison to competitive solutions.
If you would like more information then please contact us
Equion can help you achieve your SSO goals in many ways including:
- Project investigation, preparation, planning and costing.
- Helping establish critical success criteria and identifying and defining project objectives.
- Establishing project phases i.e. which application will be incorporated into SSO and when.
- Developing the end-to-end strategy.
- Carrying out Systems auditing.
- Review existing procedures and policies.
- Implementing the enterprise SSO project.
- Support & Operational planning.
- Delivering knowledge transfer and training to your team.